The next weekend we came back to Salt Lake for my cousin Natalie's wedding in the Salt Lake Temple. I foolishly gave my dad an out and my mom, Chris and I went to the wedding. As we were there, my dad, Carson and Rob went down to Cabella's for fishing gear. Carson can't wait for my dad to come out here so they can go fishing either on the reservoir or Green River.

After the wedding, Carson, Rob and I headed for Blackfoot for a family reunion. Carson's mom and dad were coming all the way from Illinois. His mom's parents are from the area. Too bad it rained all day on Saturday when the family was meeting at the Aberdeen Sportman's Park. We stayed under a shelter most of the time. It was all good, though.
Then there was this past weekend... We headed back to Salt Lake on Wednesday evening. Thursday, we ran errands and picked up a few things we needed. It's like that when you live in such a remote area. I made a list and we got it all done, I was impressed! In the early afternoon we headed out to Tooele to spend some time with Carson's brothers and their families.

We played at a park down from Mike and Jackie's house. Rob loved it!
Aaron and Wendy came up from California for the "Man Weekend" that Mike, Carson, David, also from California, and Aaron were going on. They went camping and took 4-wheelers and did man stuff or maybe I should say they did "Big Boy" stuff. They seem to get a little crazy when they get together. No offense guys, but you do! I stayed at my sister's house in Salt Lake and went to Thanksgiving Point on Friday with Chris and the kids and Hogle Zoo on Saturday with my good friend Megan and her son Bradlee. We took the boys to McDonald's afterward and they played like old times. They were such good friends before we moved and it seemed like they were never apart, even when it's almost been 10 months.

Hannah rode a pony at Thanksgiving Point and Rob helped her practice the piano at home, too.

Rob was exhausted after going around the zoo!
In between all our trips, Carson took the time to mow the lawn. Rob has his own little mower too and followed behind daddy.
We are looking forward to a restful next few weeks as we stay here in Dutch John. Can't wait for my family to come visit for Rob's 2nd birthday in July.

1 comment:
We had such a good time with you guys on Saturday! Glad you made it home safe.
Post a Comment