Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thanksgiving and Christmas


Where to begin, I apologize it has been a little while since I’ve written anything. I guess I can say I’ve been busy with our new little one and trying to keep big brother occupied as well. He knows he’s not the center of attention anymore.
We spent Thanksgiving at my parent’s house in Blackfoot. I actually went up the Sunday before because we were having our plumbing redone in our house and Carson ended up working in Fontanelle the 3 days before Thanksgiving. Hannah rode up with me and Daniel. My mom followed with Chris, Isaac and Josh. Carson picked up John on Wednesday and then came up. The day after Thanksgiving we also blessed our son, Daniel.
My niece Natalie was baptized, too. It was an eventful day. Carson’s parents came over from Illinois for the blessing, as well.
We were making plans to spend Christmas at my parent’s, watching the weather to make sure the roads would be clear when we got the news that Carson’s grandmother, his mom’s mom, had passed away. She had suffered a stroke shortly after Thanksgiving. So we came up to Idaho the Monday before Christmas for the viewing and funeral that were the next couple days. With my parents in Salt Lake, I opened up their house to those from Carson’s family that made the trip.
The Combs Boys!
We had Carson’s parents, Mike, Jackie and their 3 kids, and David and Aaron came over from California. The night before the funeral the guys watched the BYU bowl game on TV - nothing like a little male bonding. Carson’s parents got stuck in Idaho, though, because of the storm moving across the country in the direction they needed to go, so they didn’t get back on the road until the Sunday after Christmas.

For Christmas Eve, the Kesler extended family got together for a little dessert after their own family dinners, a rare occasion these days, and shared a couple Christmas stories. Growing up we would get together every Christmas Eve for dinner, a program and the Christmas story. As we now have grown up and have our own families, we don’t get together like we use to so it was a special treat this time. On Christmas morning we, my parents, Carson and I waited until 9:30 am for Rob to wake up, to open presents. He already had a couple cars that he opened the night before, so he really wasn’t interested in his presents. But with daddy’s help, he got excited to open them. Daniel slept through it all. We had a very lazy day. But isn’t that what you are suppose to do on Christmas day? On Saturday, we went to Pocatello to visit a friend of mine who recently had twins. It was good to visit them. I’m sorry we didn’t get to visit more friends while we were in town. Well, now it’s back to our regular lives. I’m actually looking forward to being back home and taking down the Christmas decorations. Time to buy the sparkling grape juice, rent some movies and ring in the New Year. My husband just informed me that I’ll probably go to bed at or before 10 pm and he’ll stay up and play video games all night.
Update... we stayed up til midnight but as soon as the ball dropped, we both went to bed.

No comments: