It's sad, I had to check my past facebook postings to remember what we had been doing since the first of the year. Maybe if I kept up with my blog, I'd have it written down like a journal. Not too much to say though, I think I'll post some pics and describe some recent events.
About mid-February, I spoke in church and then taught the relief society lesson the next week. Not very fun...
For almost 2 weeks in February we were without cell service. Something to do with the Altell tower that Verizon was using also. That meant no phone or inernet because they are combined. I had to drive 13 miles down the road to get cell service to even call Verizon to let them know we were having a problem. Well, enough people called in and something was finally done.
We met with a developer that came up from Centerville to build some homes and we thought we wanted to do it but by the end of April we, Carson and I, both felt like it wasn't right for us.
At the end of February, Carson and I took a trip to Golden, Co, just outside of Denver for some training. Carson went to class every day and I went shopping or hung out in the hotel room. The boys stayed with my parents and had a great time. Rob can't wait to go to Grandma's again.
In March, the power went out for about 12 hours after a really bad wind storm. I took the boys down to Vernal to see their pediatrition so by the time we came back the power was back on.
I gave Rob a haircut with the clippers for the first time. He handled it well because he was able to play with Carson's phone, You Tube mostly.


I gave Rob a haircut with the clippers for the first time. He handled it well because he was able to play with Carson's phone, You Tube mostly.


Mommy's Little Helpers
In April, Daniel turned 18 months and went into Nursery. His first time in there, he fell asleep, otherwise, he had a good time.
Later in the month, Daniel got his first haircut from mom. Just cleaned up the long pieces and he looked like a completly different little boy.
Later in the month, Daniel got his first haircut from mom. Just cleaned up the long pieces and he looked like a completly different little boy.
For Easter we stayed in Dutch John and enjoyed the community Easter Egg Hunt. Daddy took Rob to his area and Daniel and I, took to the front lawn of the community center. It was great for both.
I went to BYU Women's Conference at the end of April with my mom and big sister, Chris. We got a hotel room and really enjoyed the classes we got in to. Amazingly we stayed together and ran between classes to get in line for them. Elder Bednar closed the conference at the Marriott Center. It was the 3rd time we have gone in the past 4 years. Hopefully, we will be able to go to many more together.
On May 3rd, the Bureau of Reclamation opened the hollowjets to release an extra 4000 cfs. Carson had us watch from below the dam and he later had us watching from behind the hollowjets, it was amazing!
Then 4 days later, we were rafting the Green River. Tyler and Nola Bird went with us. Everything was under water that wasn't before and we made it down the river in an hour. It usually takes 3 hours. I was pretty scared at first but then it was a lot of fun. Notice how wet Nola is, well, that's how much water we took on.
Another important note is that while I was away at Women's Conference, Carson potty trained Rob. He got Rob to finally wear "Big Boy Underwear" and of course, Rob didn't like it when he go wet in them. Rob has done amazing ever since too. We might have went a little overboard but Rob kept talking about getting a cake since he was going potty and we got him one that said "Rob's Potty Time" on it. Whatever makes him feel good about his accomplishments...
We had Daniel's well child check up on the 13th but we went down on Wednesday because Carson and I were up half the night with two very cranky boys. Turns out Rob had a double ear infection and Daniel had an ear infection in one ear, sinusitis, and conjectitus (goopy eye). Both are on antibiotics. Then we had to go back down on Friday for the well child check up, luckily the ear infection had already cleared up. When it rains it pours! (Literally, too.)
Here's to hoping for nice weather and healthy boys!









1 comment:
YAY! Rob good job buddy. Sounds like you've been having fun up there in DJ. Miss you guys to pieces. Thank goodness for internet is all I can say. :)
Post a Comment